|About - Announcements|
It's that time again!
The Libertarian Party of Tennessee will be having our next state convention on
Friday and Saturday, March 8th and 9th in Nashville, TN
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Nashville Airport
2424 Atrium Way
Nashville, TN 37214
Registration will be 6pm-9pm Friday night and Saturday morning at 8am. Make sure to reserve your room NOW! We have Special Convention rate of $99.00 per night.
This is our year for bylaw proposals/changes. The deadline has passed for submitting yours, however you can find the proposals in the upcoming Voice of Freedom newsletter or by clicking here.
We also take some time to listen to some great speakers! Below are those confirmed:
- Hedy Weinberg, Executive Director of the ACLU of Tennessee, will speak on “Policing for Profit”
- James Baird, Assistant TN State Director for the Fair Tax Nation will speak about HR-25, the FairTax Act of 2013.
- Drew Johnson, editor of the Free Press opinion page at the Chattanooga Times Free Press, will tell us how libertarians can be more effective in the media.
- Radley Balko, former senior editor at Reason magazine and current senior writer and investigative reporter for the Huffington Post, where he covers civil liberties and the criminal justice system. He'll be discussing the militarization of the police.
- Michael Lotfi, Campaign Chairman for Shaun Crowell's Campaign for his 2012 US Senate race, helped create the Belmont Young Americans for Liberty chapter, owner of TheLibertyPaper.org and is a contributor for LibertarianGlobal.org. The libertarian movement is gaining momentum every day. He will be speaking about how we can continue this as well as make it more effective.
Don't forget to include your shirt size.
You can also mail your payment to:
Libertarian Party of Tennessee
P.O. Box 95
Kingsport, TN 37662